Compact enough to carry with you, yet versatile enough to run demanding applications, a laptop is the best tool for doing serious work or play at home and on the road. While standalone tablets and smartphones are always popular, most people realize that everything from typing a research paper to crunching video to gaming works better on a laptop. So what type of laptop should you get? There’s a wide variety of sizes, features and prices, which makes choosing the right laptop a challenge. That’s why you need to figure out what your needs are. To make the right call, just follow these steps.
- Pick a Platform: Mac, Windows, or Chrome OS?
- Decide If You Want a 2-in-1
- Choose the Right Size
- Check That Keyboard and Touchpad
- Pick Your Specs
- Don’t Skimp on Battery Life
- Plan Based on Your Budget
- Mine the Brand